10 September 2009

My Cape




Got it! My cape is purple with red triple spirals on it. Purple and red since my preoccupation lately is about becoming an elder/crone and aren't we supposed to wear more purple? A tip to the red hat women by making the spirals red. That and I'm breaking out of my usual colors choices since moving to Italy. Red is not a color I ever used before in a home and now I have a red couch and red accents in our home. I like it!
The triple spirals are an ancient celtic symbol found on the tomb at Newgrange in Ireland. They represent the 3 stages of a woman's life- maiden, mother and crone. I can claim all 3 now!
What have you come up with?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your journey in Italy and in wisdom. I am a new grandmother and I made my first trip to Italy this spring--I loved it and I envy you. Nice thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat.