26 April 2012

Make it Right

This is my new next door neighbor who has greeted me the last two mornings and started my day with beauty. Flowers of all varieties and colors abound here but she caught my eye and made me grateful for such loveliness.

Perhaps I've been more aware of her because of a wonderful thing that occurred two days ago. My beach bag had been stolen out of my car on the way home from the beach on Sunday when I got out of the car at an overlook to take photos. It held my cell phone, running watch and temporary driver's license along with a small amount of money. I was discouraged, angry and my heart felt heavy. But, on Tuesday I received a call from the local police to come to the station for my bag. They said a mother came into the station and said "I'm returning this." Not "I found this" but "I'm returning this."

I can only imagine the rest of the story and the heartache involved for her but I thank her and bless her and acknowledge how dramatically she changed my experience. My heart felt lighter. I actually skipped to my cottage when I got back. I'm grateful for her compassionate action.


15 comments:

  1. Thankfully, you got your things back. How disheartening to have your possessions taken in such a senseless way, but also, it is heartening to know that the mom did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when faith in human nature is restored! So glad everything was returned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you for accepting her action as you did, in spite of the story that may have played out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only bless her for doing the right thing.

      Delete
  4. How uplifting but also how sad that she felt she had to resort to theft. The better angels of her nature must have spoken in her ear. And good for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either she did or one of her kids. Yay, angels!

      Delete
  5. Oh, wow! How incredible! I am glad you got your bag back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And especially my phone with all the numbers and my running watch.

      Delete
  6. A happy ending for you. Hoping so for the mother...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most likely a poor mother at her wit's end - the only reaction can be compassion for her struggle.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat.