11 May 2010

Addition: Simple Joy #11



I forgot a very important joy on my list of May 10, which makes it uneven but HAS to be acknowledged none-the-less. Simple joy #11 comes to me courtesy of John, my honey. He travels out of the country regularly for business and do you know what he does for me? He makes meals and leaves them in the fridge. So I was eating one of them the day I composed my list. Plus, his cooking is in itself simple and flavorful using fresh local ingredients and the herbs that we grow on our balcony.

He's the cook for us - a most excellent cook. So when he leaves, he takes care of me by preparing meals ahead of time. He's thoughtful that way, special, and I'm spoiled. I mean, this man goes to cooking classes to become an even better chef and loves going. He reads cook books regularly- orders them online, reads them and gets excited: "What do you think about this?" he asks me. "Doesn't it sound good?" Then he experiments with delicious dishes to expand our already tasty repertoire.

And that's not the end of it. He even likes to shop to buy the food for the dishes he plans. Now that is LOVE. I'm so grateful to be his life partner, best friend and all round good buddy. I'm sure this simple joy of eating the food John makes is deeper because his secret ingredient is love. I can taste it.

7 comments:

  1. OMG, I am SO jealous! Bill will make dinner if I let him. And I do, when I'm in the mood for cereal, peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, or scrambled eggs.

    My dad was a wonderful and creative cook. That was the good part. The bad part was that, as the only child in the house, I had to clean up after him. This included, on occasion, spaghetti sauce on the ceiling.

    Like I said, he was creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl. But to me, HE is the lucky one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean cooks when he's here, too! We love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, I had to laugh- spaghetti sauce on the ceiling! I also clean up but John is neat as he cooks!
    Lou, Thank you.
    Nan, Enjoy your (too short) time with Sean. Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed, indeed! And so is he;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. and that is very cool...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a dear man - for a deserving woman

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat.